1. On days when I can’t make it to the gym, I workout at home with exercise tv/on demand. If you have cable, check it out. Great workouts! Typically I will choose to get abused by Jillian Michaels and do the 30 day shred video. The other day I decided to try a workout by a nice innocent looking woman named Chris Freytag. Uh…yeah….she may have Jillian beat. She wore me out and the next day? My legs were on FIYAH! And damn it, I run. Nothing should be on fire. Hmpmh. If you are looking for a workout at home….give her a try by clicking on that link above. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
2. If you are like me, you cruise the aisles of TJ Maxx frequently. (Shout out to all of my Maxxinistas!) Well, during one of my excursions, I found this product in the shampoo aisle:
First off, the bottle of shampoo (and the conditioner) is HUGE. The name? Almond Latte Shampoo and Conditioner…they had me at latte. And the price at TJ Maxx was $7 for each when they retail for almost $30 a bottle online. Uh yeah….score! I snatched it up and have been smelling like creamy almond heaven ever since.
3. Speaking of places where I cruise the aisles…I was in Target the other day and noticed that they now sell Miss Jessie’s hair products. While I am sure her stuff is great, I can’t get down with any hair creme that costs $50. Sorry. However, I also noticed that Target is selling the Curlz line too. I purchased their Creme Brule leave in conditioner for the Tali boys and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
The Tali curls have been moist, soft and shiny for the last week. Not to mention the fantastic smell. The biggest test with them is how they look when they stroll back into the house at the end of a school day and so far, they have returned looking just as good as when I kicked them out dropped them off in the morning. If you are looking for a great leave in conditioner for the summer (and have a similar hair texture to the Tali boys), I recommend this one.
4. How can I even explain the joy I derive from a cup of Greek Yogurt? If you’ve never had it, Greek yogurt is thicker and has a smooth consistency. There are lots of brands and they are all good. I love Fage Honey. I love Oikos. However, the other day I noticed a brand that was a full dollar cheaper at my store. I picked it up and noticed that it had twice the protein as the other brands. Hmmm….I brought it home and I will not be going back. Chobani yogurt…..Vanilla…..I love you!
5. So I told you guys about my upcoming trip right? So I have won a ton of other prizes that keep popping up at my door. I won a set of cookware. You already know I was in heaven at the thought of stainless steel pots right? Isn’t everyone? LOL
So when these arrived, I was thrilled. Now you know that All-Clad cookware is hands down the best. Calphalon is also highly rated and great. Let me also (now that I have been using it for two weeks) give a shout out to my new pots.
My 10 piece set of stainless steel cookware from of all people, Rachael Ray. Her cookware is phenomenal. The handles are silicone so they never heat up. The lids are clear and super tight. The pots are shaped like bells (chubby on the bottom) and they go from stovetop to oven. Clean up is a snap. Who knew? I am so glad I received these and can highly recommend them as a lower cost alternative to the pricier brands of cookware. Making shrimp scampi in my pots today and I will definitely take some pictures.