I watched a show this weekend that motivated me to no end.
It was a broadcast about the American Diet and how we are basically eating our way to obesity. Most of the stuff I could share is stuff you already know. We need to eat healthier, yadda-yadda-yadda.
However, they shared some interesting stats on the way we eat that really stood out for me.
- 90% of the vegetables eaten by children are potatoes
- An average 8 year old eats 8lbs of sugar a week.
- There are 400 calories in an Extra Large Coke, nearly a quarter of all the calories an average woman should consume in one day.
- Soda also accounts for 10% of the total calories in our diets.
- Foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup and partially Hydrogented Soybean Oil are the devil.
Basically, all of the processed, convenience foods are killing us. Get back to eating fresh vegetables, lean meats and proteins. Read the labels. The basics.
Giving up one ingredient alone (stop eating anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup) and you may see a difference of ten to twenty pounds a year.
Another reason to give up the donuts!
I eat pretty healthy but after attending a wedding recently and seeing members of my family who used to be skinny now struggling with their weight…this message is more pertinent than ever.
What are you eating for lunch today? Think about it.