So this week, I am answering questions. Every day I will answer five questions from one of my favorite bloggers. Today’s five come from Ms. Lee. Ms. Lee is one dynamic and talented sister. We have a lot in common and I can’t wait to meet her in person. I hope you check out her blog.
However, she sure is nosy…..here are her questions…
1. The old love of your life shows up on your doorstep. Mr. 1969 says, I know he’ll make you happier than I do. So I’ll go (and leave T’s 1 & 2 with you), if that’s what you want. What do you do?
I would never leave Mr. 1969. No matter how much I may still love an old love…he would be just that…an OLD LOVE. Mr. 1969 and I made a committment to each other and the kids. I would never break up our home, no matter how tempting. Besides, Mama Sixtynine always says that “The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t know”…..Mr. 1969 is all trained, at this stage, I am not trying to break in a new player!
2. You have to give up something you absolutely love for 90 days. What do you give up?
Hmmm….what do I love? TV. Giving up TV for 90 days would be HARD. No Lost? No Heroes? Whew….
3. What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever made?
Definitely, not understanding the value of money and credit from an early age. I could have owned so much by now if I hadn’t squandered so much on shopping, trips, meals, etc. I wish I had that guidance earlier on.
4. You’re psychic and know you’re going to be stuck on a deserted island. Who are you stuck with? And what three things must you have with you?
I would probably be stuck with my Best Friend. We would laugh for the rest of our lives. As long as we had music, food and some good books…..we would be straight.
5. As a non-Greek, I am unaware of the goings on when pledging (barring School Daze and Stomp the Yard, LOL). So I am curious. Were you hazed? If so, did you ever feel the need to seek revenge? Have you ever met an AKA you didn’t like?
For the record, AKA is a non-hazing organization. 1969 pledged 17 years ago. I had MANY trials and tribulations along the way. Pleadging in not an easy process but you are only there by choice. You can choose not be be there at any time. I wouldn’t trade that process and experience for anything. I learned more about myself, my strength and my will than I could have ever imagined. I also bonded with my line sisters for life and learned so much about the organization. Anything that was done to me was never done through hate or jealousy. I was never injured or beaten for the hell of it. There was a purpose behind everything…So I never felt the need to seek revenge. I think that many incidents of outright hazing that you hear about or read about happen when you have members that did not go through a tight pledging process…and then they turn around and try to pledge someone else. I have seen all of the movies and NONE are accurate. Don’t believe everything you see. Big Sister Almighty was not letting Half Pint sleep with my man
And AKA is like anything, there are some you love, some you could live without, some you just don’t like. It’s like a family. As long as we are able to put petty things aside when we have a job to get done….that’s what it’s all about. Helping others.
In addition, if there is someone you don’t really gel with, we try to be sisterly about it and don’t discuss it outside of the family.